Stucco Repair Jacksonville, FL.
Stucco is a significant investment in your property. It improves the aesthetics of your home interior, helping you protect from water intrusion. It is the perfect solution for a low maintenance, cost-effective, and durable finish. However, certain circumstances can allow water to penetrate your stucco, which can damage and reduce its durability, making your investment go down in value. Consequently, you need to fix the water issue with your stucco before the situation worsens. If you are searching for stucco repair to keep water out of your stucco, read further.
What Causes Stucco Water Damage?
Although stucco is water-resistant, it is crucial to know that it is not waterproof, meaning that it can get damaged. Some of the reasons for stucco water damage include:
1. Incorrect Mixture – If the materials for making stucco (sand, water, and Portland cement) are mixed in wrong proportions, it affects the stucco's durability and strength withstand water damage.
2. Poor Installation – If the stucco is not installed correctly, there will be issues later, such as failure to cure appropriately and a poor finish. One continuous coat when applying helps this malady.
3. Cracks – If the building shifts due to the substrate, erosion or even high winds, it can cause the stucco to crack, allowing water to seep into the stucco, especially between the walls. In Jacksonville Florida, shifting is a common occurrence with our sandy soils, and frequent flooding, etc.
4. Damaged Flashing – Stucco requires flashing for support. However, when the flashing (usually metal or aluminum) gets corroded or damaged, water can seep into the stucco. Even interior steel supports can rust and cause the stucco to "pop" loose.
Stucco Repair to Keep Water Out
The impact of water in your stucco is severe. If not repaired early enough, it will break away. However, it would help if you did not let that happen; call for a remediation process immediately. Repairing your stucco to keep water out and waterproof your building involves the following steps:
1. Identify the Cause
It is essential to find out what brought about water in your stucco. As discussed above, the cause of water seepage in your stucco can be caused by several reasons here in Jacksonville.
2. Removal of Damaged Stucco
The next step is to remove the damaged portion of the stucco. Like other materials, the stucco can be repaired or patched with elastomeric compounds or cementitious materials. Elastomerics tend to allow for future movement better that mortar patches.
3. Fix the Cause
The next step is to repair the cause of the water damage. Repair the leaky pipes, replace the corroded flashing, and take care of any issue responsible for the water issue in your stucco. If you need to install a drainage plane material to divert a flow of water, contact a professional.
4. Patch the Damaged Areas
The stucco repair keeps water out will be completed by patching the extracted area. Mix the stucco materials correctly in a bucket. Use a notched trowel to apply the stucco mixture to the area on the wall. Keep in mind, that in many instances three coats of stucco with correct drying periods in-between are required for the best possible result and a seamless visual appearance.
Stucco repair requires expertise for excellent results. Contact us for professional stucco repair that will help protect your home's aesthetics and your investment. We have served Jacksonville home and business owners for decades!
Commercial painting contractor in Jacksonville Florida. Painting-maintenance-repair-waterproofing.